Clinical, Genetic and Experimental Research into Hereditary Diseases of the Podocyte
The PodoNet Registry explores the demographics, causes and prognosis of patients with congenital and steroid resistant nephrotic syndrome. The Registry is open to all clinician scientists who want to contribute information about patients with this rare condition.
The clinical and genetic information collected serves to provide an evidence base for diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making, to establish genotype-phenotype correlations in hereditary forms of the disease, and to collect a critical mass of cases and families to foster the search for new genetic entities. The objectives are:
- To explore the demographics and phenotypes of immune-mediated and genetic forms of childhood SRNS
- To evaluate genotype-phenotype correlations
- To evaluate clinical management and and long-term outcomes
- To harmonize diagnostic and therapeutic workflows in children with SRNS
- To search for new genetic entities and novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers of SRNS.
Active ESCAPE Participants: