Prof. Giovanni Montini is the Giuliana and Bernardo Caprotti Chair of Pediatrics of the Department of Clinical Sciences and Community Health at the University of Milan, Italy and Director of the Pediatric Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplant Unit of the Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Research Institute, Milan. His areas of expertise include renal transplantation, urinary tract infections, urinary tract malformations, chronic and end stage renal damage, nephropathy in mitochondrial diseases. Prof Montini also does frequent voluntary work, especially in South America, for an international cooperation network set up to help underprivileged children with kidney diseases.
Qualifications and training
He began his career in the Pediatrics Department of the University Hospital in Padua, Italy and has also worked at various institutions abroad including Sant’Orsola-Malpighi University Hospital in Bologna and Guy’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London. He is an accomplished researcher who has published over 160 peer-reviewed manuscripts in international journals (H index 38 with Scopus and 45 with Google Scholar) and is also a member of the editorial boards of specialist journals in the field of pediatric nephrology.
- Italian Society of Pediatric Nephrology, SINEPE
- European Society of Pediatric Nephrology, ESPN
- International Society of Pediatric Nephrology, IPNA
- Italian Society of Nephrology, SIN
- Italian Society of Pediatrics, SIP
- European Renal Association – European Dialysis and Transplant Association, ERA-EDTA
- American Society of Nephrology, ASN